Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Busy Week

9-30-13

Sorry I didn't email last week.  I didn't email anyone because my email didn't work for some reason.  It really stunk, so I just sat there and waited for my companion to email.  You finally got into your classroom.  Awesome!  Remember, even though everything is not there and totally ready, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass!  You asked me if I take Vitamins and the answer is "no"-ain't nobody got time for that!  LOL.  My new companion's name is Elder Perez from Houston, TX.  He's been out 13 months.  Some members said I need to get the "How to Learn Tongan" book by Brother Shumway.  It's a blue cover (Hint Hint).  This last couple of weeks have been good.  We have taught quite a few non-members and we're trying to take over a big area and not knowing where I'm going half of the time-haha.  We have someone with a baptismal date for Nov. 2nd, so we'll see how that one pans out-but it's still exciting!  Our recent convert's, Carla, mother just passed away.  We gave her a blessing in the hospital, but you can't go against the Lord's will.  Other than that, things are going well.  I'm still alive and well.  Hopefully, all is going well back home.

Love ya,
ofa atu (I'm guessing this is Tongan)
Elder Whaley

No comments:

Post a Comment