Sunday, October 20, 2013

Crazy man at Wendy's

10-14-13

Ceipe,

There's a tongan sister there?  Cool!  There was an Elder Kaffi that served in my area-his name tag is still in our apartment.  I was upset that I missed Penny.  We were at the apartment having lunch and I ate my food super fast so I could take a power nap because I was super tired.  All of a sudden, my companion came in with a box and said, "This is from your mom."  I was like, what the heck?  He said a lady dropped it off.  I told him he should have woken me up-hello!  So yes, I got the stuff and the card-THANK YOU!!!!!!!!  There were cupcakes and peach rings and other candy-it was nice.  I wish I could have thanked her, though!  My companion is from Sugarland, Texas and he likes to run.  :/  He is probably going back to the Spanish program this next transfer, though.  The pictures I sent last time, were from touring the google campus.  Ohhhh-I have a story.  So this week we went to Wendy's to visit a less active, but we got there before him.  There was a homeless man in there asking us for money to buy food.  I had a free frosty coupon, so I gave it to him.  He just sat there and started talking to us about how his life stunk and he was really depressed and started crying.  Then, he started saying, "I'm going to kill myself....I'm going to go run into the road and get hit by a car."  He kept saying that and we told him he shouldn't, then all of the sudden, he gets up and runs outside of Wendy's to the road.  So my companion and I chased him down and stopped him from running into the road and made him sit down while the manager of Wendy's called the cops.  While we were waiting for the cops, he kept crying and saying, "I'm going to kill myself" and tried running to the street, but we just grabbed him and made him sit down.  Finally, after awhile, the cops showed up and took him away.  Quite the story huh?  This last week was good!  A lady and me and my last companion, Elder Dalton, taught, Sheila, got baptized, but we handed her over to the sister missionaries since she wasn't in our ward boundaries-but it was still cool!  Everything here is going good and the work is going great.  We had an investigator come to church for the first time and have another with a baptismal date, so things are going good!  The people here are awesome!  Sounds like you had a good week and hopefully it goes well for you this week, as well!

Love ya,
Elder Whaley
Ofa Atu




The lady that Shad and his past companion taught
that they handed over to the sister missionaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment