Saturday, October 12, 2013

8 months out!

10-7-13

It's pretty crazy that it's been 8 months already.  Time flies so fast!  Everyone was making fun of me because I was asking who won the Aggie/BYU game so they found out that I was an Aggie fan-so I got crap....DANG IT!  Oh well.  The mission office called today saying that they have a package for me and they're going to mail it to me.  Thanks so much!  Conference was amazing!  We watched all the sessions and a lot of them were really good!  I really enjoyed it and I can't wait to read over the talks again to get more out of them!  Something I thought of during Conference was to challenge you all to pick one talk or your favorite talk and study it, pray about it (look it up), and try to live by the teachings of that talk or change to the principles of that talk to become better or more Christlike.  I know as you do, life will become better and you will have greater happiness.  Since it was Conference time, we got to go to the temple and talked to Elder Packer, the area seventy, and got to see the new video-finally!  It was really good.  It put things into perspective with the new video-there were things I hadn't thought of before!  This week was pretty good, kinda slow since we went up to the temple and watched Conference-but it still went pretty well.  Something funny that happened this week was: we were helping the sisters teach one of their investigators and at the end the man said to my companion that's from Texas, "I thought everything was bigger in Texas.  Did they make you leave?"  It was pretty funny, even though my companion didn't quite think so.  Well, I hope all is going well for you all back home!

Love ya,
Ofa Atu!
Elder Whaley







Temple trip during Conference
Elder Perez, Bro. Makasini, Elder Whaley

Elder Whaley's tag in front of the Oakland temple.

Handsome Elder Whaley

Elder Whaley and Elder ?

Elder Whaley with some Elders and Sisters in front of
the Oakland temple.

Elder Whaley with Elders and Sisters
in front of the Oakland temple.
Elder Perez (Shad's companion) and Elder Whaley
(trying to look cool?)
After a service project
Elder Whaley doing a service project?  (That's what he
said he was doing)  
Cowboy Elder Whaley caught himself some
dinosaur bones!

Google store (outside)
Google store
More google
....and more google
Inside the Google store.
Who knows?


No comments:

Post a Comment