Sunday, July 7, 2013

Hot California!

7-1-13

It has been really hot here.  It got to 104 degrees on Saturday and we were doing service outside.  I don't think I've sweated that much before in my life-it was crazy hot.  That's so crazy that Austin is already in the MTC.  Hopefully, he will be able to adjust to the heat in Florida where it's pretty humid.  The Scout Encampment sounds like it was fun.  I wish I could go, but oh well.  We have set up a couple of appointments with that couple who said they wanted to be baptized, but they didn't show up to any of them and didn't come to church and now we can't get ahold of them.  :/  We're going to keep trying, though!  We don't have any investigators right now.  We just got some Sister missionaries covering our ward with us, so we had to give them half of our teaching pool which stinks, but will hopefully pick the work up.  Our bishop gave them one of the ladies that I have been working with since I got here and she is really progressing and starting to return to activity.  We're trying to get her to the temple, but our bishop gave her to the sisters which really stinks!  Anyways, other than that it's going pretty good.  My companion crashed on his bike, it was kind of funny, but also looked bad from behind, but he just got a few scratches.  I hope all is going well back home.  Love ya!

Elder Whaley

No comments:

Post a Comment