Thursday, July 11, 2013

5 Months Out!

Dear Family,                                                                            7-10-13

Wow!  It sounds like you have had a good week that's crazy.  My week has been interesting.  The reason I'm late emailing is because on Monday we went to Santa Cruz and went to the beach.  It was really nice and fun, but there was a lot of people there-it was crazy!  While in Santa Cruz, as we were walking back to the bus, we saw a guy get stabbed- it was crazy!  For the 4th of July, we did service for a member of the ward moving dirt and went around visiting people.  They don't have fireworks here or parades or rodeos, so it was a weird 4th of July.  It sounds like you guys had fun on the 4th.  I got the 4th of July package you sent.  Thank you!  It's like a parade in a box-haha.  I was happy to get it because I wan't even expecting it.  I sent home a book today since I can't read it on my mission, but the guy that wrote it is in our ward, so he gave it to us.  Well, I'm glad that Corbin finally got his eagle-that's great.  That's crazy that McKinley and Brent are already baptized now.  Transfers are every 6 weeks, so I have been in this area for 4 transfers now.  The next transfer will be the 2nd week of August, so we'll see what happens.  Next time someone eggs the house or you hear them, just come out with the shot gun-that will fix the problem-haha!  It was probably one of Vanessa's boyfriends-haha.  I wrote Austin an email for his first day and he just barely wrote me back.  Thanks for sending those pictures of everything.  It was good to see them.  Everything is going good here.  We're having some good success with less actives coming back to church, but we need to find some investigators.  Well, hopefully all is well back at home.

Love Ya!
Elder Whaley

No comments:

Post a Comment