Saturday, March 1, 2014

Visiting Referrals

2-17-14

Hey-I got the Valentine's package!  Thank you so much!  I'm still working on the Rice Krispie treat-haha!  Well, things are going good.  They are starting to pick up right now.  We are really trying to focus on finding people to teach and getting member referrals.  We got about 4 or 5 of them this last week, so that was pretty cool.  We'll see how that goes!  Last night we visited one of the referrals, Laura.  We knocked on her door and she opened it up and invited us right in.  It was definitely not what I was expecting!  She was super nice and talked with us for a while and we brought a Book of Mormon and a restoration dvd.  She looked at it and asked, "Is that for me?"  We told her it was, but we didn't give it to her because we wanted to talk about it first, but as she kept talking, she asked for the stuff and so we gave it to her and she said she would read it!  We didn't even talk about it or ask her to read it!!!  It was definitely an interesting experience.  When we came in she told us that we're welcome to come in, but, "I'm not going to become mormon!"  We are going back in 2 weeks to meet with her, so we'll see what happens!  Tonight we have a lesson with a Tongan lady, WAHOO, named Vaha.  We'll see how that goes tonight!  It should be interesting because we kind had to talk her into taking at least one lesson and go from there and she agreed to that!  :)  Hopefully, we can progress with her from there.  The other Elder that we live with is still annoying, but I usually ignore him or avoid him most of the time, but sometimes there's the 2 cents thrown around every once in a while.  I like my companion-he's great!  Mom, you need to stop worrying and learn from it...the Lord won't try you more than you can handle!  His ways are higher than ours and his thoughts higher than ours.  So, just chill!  (Totally what Shad likes to say!)  Well, I would send you pictures if I had any, I just haven't taken any pictures since I've been here-oops!  I'll work on it.  On my year mark, it was Elder Christensen's birthday, so we celebrated that and members made cake and had us over for dinner, but I plan to burn my ripped shirt for my year mark!  Well, I hope all goes well for you this week and you have success!  Love ya!

Elder Whaley


No comments:

Post a Comment