Sunday, January 19, 2014

Great Week!

1-13-14

Mom,

I got the birthday package!  Thank you so much!  Things are going good and the work is picking back up from the holidays.  We worked hard this week to try to get it back up and passed quite a few of our goals and got over 20 lessons, which is awesome!!!  Semisi is getting baptized Wednesday at 5- FINALLY!!!!!  It's been like pullin' teeth and trying to catch him over the past 6 months, but finally everything is set for Wednesday!  WAHOO!!  We are working with the same people that I told you on christmas and we were able to meet up with most of them this last week, so that was good!  We're hoping to have another great week!  This morning was pretty fun.  We got up and went hiking and went off the beaten trail for a couple of hours, got to be in the forested area for awhile, and got scratched up and all that fun stuff -since we are always in the city!  Hopefully, non of us get poison ivy or oak since it's up there!  But, it was fun!  I'm excited to enjoy the rest of my P-day!  This last week, I went on exchanges with our district leader's companion in their area!  It was a lot of fun.  Elder Strauss (from Virginia) went and did service up in the Los Altos hills pulling weeds, then later that night we were contacting on University, which is like a little strip mall.  We ate at Cheesecake Factory and after that, when we were contacting, we got offered dinner by 3 other members and then one of them bought us ice cream.  It was a pretty fun day!  So, this week has definitely been good.  I'm worried because transfers are next Tuesday and I've been here for 4 transfers now and so I might be getting moved but I reeeeeaaaaallllyyyy don't want to leave this area!!!!!!!  If I do, it will stink and I'll be really mad!!!  We'll see what happens!! But, other than that, we had a really good week!  Hopefully, you guys have a great week, too!  It sounds like the new ward theme is awesome!  Hopefully, all goes well for you all this week!  Love ya!

OFA ATU
Elder Whaley

Birthday countdown from family!
Birthday present from the Powell's.

Elder Whaley

Elder Whaley

Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment