Sunday, January 12, 2014

Christmas Gift!

12-25-13

You said you wanted my testimony for your Christmas gift.  Here it is:

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is SO TRUE!!!!!  Being on a mission has opened my eyes a lot more to the gospel and how it works and it in action.  The Atonement is Awesome!  I'm still learning about it, but it's awesome to watch people change through the atonement and to see it when they are humbled and feel the Savior's love!  I love feeling the Spirit so much!  It just is an awesome experience to have the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost as we are obedient and worthy!  I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet that restored Christ's church back to this wonderful earth.  Through the power of God, he was able to translate the Book of Mormon.  One of the greatest gifts to the world!  The Book of Mormon is the evidence of the true church and is amazing.  If anyone wants to come closer to Christ or just be better, they need to read the Book of Mormon!  I learn things all the time!  It really stinks when people we love don't read the Book of Mormon, because I know what it holds and what it could do for them.  By coming on a mission, I have gained a testimony of the temple, going to the temple, etc.  It's amazing the power/sacredness it holds just walking on the temple grounds!  It is such a big tool for missionary work because getting less actives or investigators there makes it so they can feel the spirit and hopefully have a desire.  It's also awesome to watch people working on going to the temple.  Satan works hard to stop them, but it's awesome to watch them change and become happier!  The temple is such an awesome place!  Strive to attend regularly.  Your lives will be much better because of it.  I love to be able to go every once in awhile and feel the Spirit and enjoy going inside!  Church is awesome on Sundays.  Even though I didn't like it much before, it's because I didn't see the importance or the real reason!  But, now I see and it makes it so much better!  Church is a great place to learn and grow and deepen your testimony with those around you that you love.  I know that everything happens for a reason and God's ways are higher than our ways and his thoughts are not our thoughts.  I am grateful to have a living prophet during this period of time.  I'm grateful for you and love you!  I bear theses things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

Love,
Elder Whaley

No comments:

Post a Comment