Sunday, December 22, 2013

Warm Christmas Season!

12-16-13

Ya, the weeks are going by fast.  This week was slow for us since people have events going on and are traveling for the holidays.  We had a lot of cancellations this week, but hopefully, it picks back up.  We did a lot of service this last week.  We did about 14 hours and that's as much as pesident wants us to do in a week, even though we could have done more.  Man, I love doing service.  It's so much fun!  Yesterday, Semisi didn't come to church, so we have to cancel his baptism this Saturday!  Ahhhhhh-frustrating sometimes!  That just means we will just have to ask for more help from Heavenly Father and work harder!  That is all he has to do, is come to church one more time and get interviewed!  Soooo close!  The other investigators we are working with right now are S. Fakapalea, R. Flax, J. Menchaca, W. Pupunu, and F. Thompson.....good luck saying those names-haha!  Hopefully, we can touch people's hearts during this Christmas season!  Even though it doesn't feel like Christmas at all!  It's too warm and there's no snow.  We don't hear a lot of Christmas music either, but that's the only thing that reminds me that it's Christmas, is hearing Christmas music every once in awhile.  Hopefully, this week goes well and we have some success!  It sounds like things are going good back home.  Good thing that the carbon monoxide detector was just outdated and not an actual leak!  It sounds like things are just going out left and right at home!  Hopefully, the heater continues to work by the time I get home because I will probably be freezing!  It's good to hear that Grandma is making progress!  That's cool that Brittney's fiance said he could feel the spirit in the house.  It's probably because I'm not there buggin' the girls-haha!  Wow, Kent has already been home a year and a half!  Time goes by so fast!  I can't believe I'm coming close to my year mark!  There are less actives that we work with sometimes that have served a mission and come home and totally go the opposite way and a lot of them you just have to talk bold with to get them to understand!  They just need a strong hand to guide them back!  You talked with Brother Morris?  How is he doing?  He is awesome!  I loved going camping with him!  Good times, good times!  Tell him I say hi!  So about the Creche, it was super cool.  They took all the missionaries that helped set up on a tour of it.  It was pretty neat, but I took about two pictures and a lady came over and got mad at me and told us we couldn't take pictures!  It was dumb.  She told me to delete them, but I still have them.  I forgot to bring that memory card-oops.  :/  Well, I hope you guys have a great week and enjoy all the fun stuff going on!  Love ya!

Ofa Atu
Elder Whaley
A well lit house!

Lots of ornaments!

Part of the live nativity (Creche).

More of the live nativity.

Elder Whaley helped bring in some
live animals for the Creche.
His new pal-Mr. Camel.

No comments:

Post a Comment