Saturday, August 23, 2014

At a Brick Wall

8-18-14

I got the "Jump" package-Thank you so much!!!!!  We hit our goal for lessons this week, but we are still working on finding people. It's been tough looking for people, I feel like we are at a brick wall, but we just got a part member list of the ward, so we'll see if that helps out with finding people.  So, Tyler is home? Man, that's crazy!  We just went to the outgoing fireside last night and all the sisters that I came out with, are going home along with a lot of Elders I got close with....man it stinks.  That means my time is coming sooner and sooner!  Flip!!!  Last night was weird...mixed emotions....but some really great testimonies!  I also saw people from previous wards like the Makasini's, Mama Smith, and some other people-ah man, I miss those guys so much!!!  It was great to see them!  They were all asking when I was coming back-I wish!  That would be a dream come true!!!  I talked with Leimana and Carla is going through a temple prep class since her year mark is coming up for her baptism from when Elder Dalton and I taught her!  So, hopefully, next month I will be going to the temple!  I'm super excited and pumped.  I hope all goes well!  It was a super good night last night!  But, now I really want to go back to Redwood City-haha!   But, I really like it here, too!  Oh Man!  There was a couple of youth I got to see last night.  One was leaving to Japan on Wednesday and another one is working on his papers.  It's so great to see people you work with progress like that in the gospel!  It's FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!!!  I love it!  We had dinner with the Tukuafus' and it was awesome!  They are such an awesome family and very missionary minded.  Will is always sharing the gospel in the locker room with him team mates and supposedly, he's working on one guy that could possibly be interested in the future!  As we were leaving, he didn't give us tickets, but he gave us some headphones and food!  He is a super cool funny guy! I'm fine on the pants.  I patched them up and they're good! I was just wondering if the place we bought them at replace them.  Don't worry about it, I'm good!  Transfers are happening Tuesday, but both my companion and I are staying. Hopefully we can push the work forward!  Thank you for all you do!!!!  Love ya!

Ofa Atu
Elder Whaley


Elder Dalton, Will Tukuafu (a 49ers football player in their ward)
and Elder Whaley

Picking out their new bikes?





No comments:

Post a Comment