Wednesday, August 13, 2014

18 months down!!!!

8-4-14

WHY!!!!!!  Why?  I don't need that!!!! (I had reminded him that he's been out 18 months)  Ahhh-it's going by too fast!  Dinner last night at the McFarland's was awesome and delicious and yes, I ate a lot-haha....it was good!  The pictures she sent you were at a baptism and I got a cupcake to the face.  I wasn't too happy since I was in my suit!  But it's whatever.  I cut my own hair and it's going to get cut soon....I know, I know!  (I was asking him who cut his hair and that I noticed it was starting to look a little long).  We tried to go back and visit Salvador, but he didn't want to talk to us, so basically, he dropped us.  :/  So, I guess he just wasn't ready or it wasn't his time!  We had dinner with a family, the Merrifields.  They went to BYUI and they're super cool.  Brother Merrifield got up yesterday and gave his testimony and gave us some props for coming over and bringing the spirit into his home and also mentioned that we eat a lot-haha.  It was pretty funny, but he's a cool guy!  The members want to help, but this ward has a lot of people moving in and out, so it's kinda hard sometimes because they don't know a whole lot of people to invite.  You can tell that they actually want to help, though.  I have only met Tukuafu once, but he's busy with camps and practices, so we haven't been over.  A lot of the time he usually sneaks in and out of church on Sundays, so he's busy.  There is only the 2 of us that live in our apartment.  My companion and I get along fine.  He's just different from previous companions-short and a military brat-haha.  It's just a different background to work with, but things are going well!  I have been lucky to have good comps so far.  I think I had only one and he wasn't so bad either, so I'm lucky.  I think I just get crappy roommates sometimes-haha.  I am the senior companion.  We are just looking for people to teach since our last investigator dropped us.  So, we are in the process of finding right now, so it's been tricky to get lessons, but it's going good.  If you could pray for us to find investigators, that would be great!!!!!
Man, it sounds like quite a journey with everything going on at home!  Hopefully, things get better!  I really hope that medicine will help Dad!  But, like they say, it will get worse before it gets better!  There's always a light at the end of the tunnel!  Keep the faith and continue pushing forward!  Love ya!

Ofa Atu
Elder Whaley




Elder Whaley doesn't look too happy!


Giving the spiritual thought to a family!
Spray painted shirt (since they
can't burn them)

No comments:

Post a Comment