Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Working hard to Find Investigators!

8-12-14

Everything is going well.  We did a lot of service this week-about 15 hours, and spent a lot of time going out contacting and going through referrals, but no luck yet with finding new investigators!  We just got a part member list this last Sunday, so hopefully, that will help us out!  We'll be on bikes this week, so we won't be able to get from place to place as quick.  We'll see how it works out!  This is the last week of the transfer.  It's crazy how fast time goes.  A lot of missionaries I've served with are going home this transfer along with the sisters I came in with!!!  Super crazy!!!  I heard Tyler Thueson is coming home, as well???  Wow!  Time flies!!!  The next couple transfers, a lot of missionaries I've worked with and gotten close with will go home, it's going to be weird!  This week was alright.  Just a lot of drop byes with no one home, but hopefully, this week will be better.  Something I'm excited for this week is that the Tukuafus signed up for dinner (he's the football player for the 49ers).  Wahoo!!!  Hopefully, I can practice my little bit of Tongan that I know with him.  Hopefully, it works out!
Sunday was a really good day!  I really enjoyed church!  It was kinda interesting since most of it was about families and how to have successful families, but it was really good.  The reason why I didn't email yesterday was because we were in Santa Cruz on the beach playing beach volleyball and just relaxin!  It was nice and enjoyable!  It was good to see some missionaries that I haven't seen in a while!  And some that are about to go home!  It was a good day!  It sounds like you had a fun at the Family reunion.  Don't feel bad that the girls had to buy their own school clothes-it build character-haha.
This last week I was reading in this months Ensign and it was really good!  I woke up around 2 and couldn't go back to sleep, so I read the whole thing and it was really good.  You should read it.  I think you would like some of the talks in there.  Today, during district meeting, we were talking about the priesthood and the Spirit and blessings came up.  Sometimes our prayers and blessing don't come true because the Lord has something else in store for us and somethings are just set in stone for us to go through and nothing is permanent-not even this life.  All the hardships are for our benefit to learn and grow and we don't have to worry about it in the life to come!  It was a really good meeting today!  Well, I hope you have a great week!  Love ya!  Keep the faith and the strength!  Love ya!

Ofa Atu
Elder Whaley

No comments:

Post a Comment