Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Adjusting to the New Area

7-14-14

Well, the new area that I've been transferred to is right above my first area-pretty crazy!  My new companion is elder Moody from North Carolina and he has short man syndrome-haha.  He even admits to it-haha.  He is definitely different from past companions.  He has been out either 8 or 9 months.  I am in a car share area, but it's mostly bike.  We bike 2 weeks and have a car for a week, then repeat.  You had asked why Elder Racule had a beard in some of the pictures that I sent.  He had skin irritation from shaving, so the doctors said he needed to grow it out so he had permission to.  The new area seems pretty nice, even though I have only been here for a couple of days.  Man, I can't believe how much I miss the other wards, the Poly wards.  It was so different and weird going back to a palangi ward (I'm guessing this means an English ward)!  There was definitely a different spirit about it.  Man, I miss the people from my last area a lot!  It's super weird!  Something cool is that Will Tukuafu (a player for the 49ers) is in our ward.  Also, the 49ers stadium, the new one, is in our area.  Our area is HUGE!  Our area alone covers everyone else's area combined, basically.  On Wednesday, it took us an hour and a half to ride to dinner-it was a crazy long bike ride, but wasn't too bad.  This week has just been quite a bit of biking around.  Elder Moody has been here for 2 transfers, but still gets lost...oh man!  We have 1 investigator and are looking for more!  Hopefully, the work picks up in this area.  We'll see.  My comp has been telling me that the ward might split soon, so we'll see what happens with that.  There is Stake conference in August, I think, so maybe it will happen then.  Our new mission president seems great, I just have to get to know him better.  He seems like a great guy!  I'm not sure if I'll die here or not since I only have 5 transfers left.  Man, that is a scary thought that I don't like!!!!!  Well, I hope you have a great week.  Love ya!

Ofa Lahi Atu,
elder Whaley



Elder Whaley and Elder Moody
by the new stadium-they look hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment