Saturday, February 1, 2014

Adjusting to New Area

1-27-14

It's going well in my new area.  Morgan Hill is more spread out and more country, so that's nice and I enjoy not being in the compact city.  Most of the people that live here are retired and rich, so the work is a lot slower than Redwood City and....THERE'S NO POLYS!!!!!!!!....which stinks!!!!!!!  Man, I'm kinda homesick for Redwood City!!!  It's all white older people and a lot of interesting people.  So you talked to Momma Smith huh?  Yes, she is quite the character, but she is AWESOME!!!!  She made me a football blanket along with a football cooking apron and football bag and stove grabbers-so it was pretty cool.  (A sister in Shad's mission, Momma Smith, called us on Saturday, Jan. 25th, and was so complimentary about Shad and thanked us for sharing him with them.  She really loves the missionaries and makes them all blankets and takes good care of them.)  Supposedly, there is a less active in our ward who is the 2nd most decorated WW2 vet and they made a movie of him called, "The Frog Man."  I'm not sure I quite believe him and he was telling us he doesn't have to pay taxes because it is illegal and he won in court on that.  He also said that his son that lives with him, doesn't have to register his car of have a license because of the freedom to travel law or something like that.  He supposedly challenged it in court and won.  There are definitely some interesting people that I've met here so far.  For the most part, I like it here.  We are living with 2 other Elders, as well, and I think it will be fine.  I can't believe that Vanessa crashed the car.  I knew that was going to happen sooner or later....oh man.  That's the only thing she told me.  She said she crashed and went on a date with J.  At least they're alright. You asked if there's anything I need.....I need some more shirts. The washer ripped up one today and my other ones are turning gray-haha.  I also finally have a WALMART!!!  No more Target-yeah!!!!!  Well, we'll see how things go this transfer!  Hopefully, all goes well for you this week.  Love ya!

Elder Whaley




No comments:

Post a Comment