Thursday, June 6, 2013

Still plugging along

                                                 5-28-13

Things are going a little bit better with my companion.  The fire alarm works really great, but I think I may need to try the water trick-haha.  He is the senior companion, but everyone in our ward thinks I am because of the way he acts.  We have met some interesting people out here!  It's crazy that Austin is about to go through the temple.  It's pretty cool though.  Our Zone leader is a funny guy and he just wanted to say hi.  I hope all is going well and you are able to get things done during this next crazy month.  Happy Birthday mom!

                                                   6-3-13

Time has gone by fast, but it seems like I just got out here-it's a crazy weird time warp-haha.  I got the package.  Thank you sooooo much.  All the Elders that live in my apartment are trying to eat my peach rings!!!!!  Ahhhh!  Those things are gold to me!  I can't believe you made that many rolls-that's a lot of rolls.  There's a lot of people getting their mission calls and it's so cool!  I wish it would rain here-sometimes it gets so hot.  I heard from Brother Stewart and he gave me a great message!  I'm so jealous that Austin got to go hiking to Tablerock-it sounds like so much fun!  You had talked about developing better habits than you and mom regarding reading scriptures, family home evening, prayer, and attending the temple.  I think you are great examples in many other ways.  Without you guys, who knows where I would be!  Something cool that is happening in our area is there is a Spanish Branch opening up that is going to go to our building.  We just picked up an investigator who is atheist and she is surprisingly reading the Book of Mormon, which is awesome, but she is going to be gone for 3 weeks.  Other than that, nothing really has happened, we just talk to crazy people on the streets.  Here's a couple of pictures of me before eating Balute.  Hope all is well!

Love,
Elder Whaley


Is this really Balute?

Shad holding Balute.


No comments:

Post a Comment