Thursday, May 2, 2013

Lemonade anyone?

4-29-13

I thought this was interesting.  We've definitely had our share of trials (lemons) this last week.  When I saw this, I thought of the saying: "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade!"

Dear Family,
Grandma asked the question of how we find service projects.  To answer her question, we ask the members, when we go to their house, if they need any help or if they have any friends that need help.  We also volunteer for community things-like we serve lunch on Fridays at a Senior Center.  So, basically, we try to get service any way we can.  We just had a Stake Service Project on Saturday where we helped clean up for a local college.  I can't believe the big tree in the front is gone!!!!  The front probably looks weird and empty.  That's good that you got to get away for a little bit.  (I had some friends come and kidnap me to go play lazer tag and get ice cream while we were working on pulling out our big tree in the front).  For Mother's Day, I think I can skype if I find someone with it.  I'm not sure how it works.  I'll have to find out for sure.  Yes, we can email friends so I've emailed several of my friends.  We have guitars, but I can't play them since I don't know any church songs on it.  Things are going great!  This last month me and Elder Vance had 32 acts of service for 63 hours.  The lessons are starting to pick up and the work is moving along, so that's good!  Everything is good!  Love you!

Elder Shad Whaley





Shad and Elder Vance picking lemons
for a service project.

Shad with a lemon mouth.

Elder Vance with a strange lookin' lemon.

Shad and Elder Vance with their mother load of lemons.

Shad and Elder Vance with bags of lemons.

No comments:

Post a Comment