Monday, May 6, 2013

3 months and counting!

5-6-13

Dear family,

It feels like I have been out longer than that, but at the same time, it's gone by fast.  This week, one of the members invited an employee of his to his home and we taught her the first discussion.  She is really interested.  I invited her to be baptized and she said yes if she came to find out it was true.  So she wants to read the Book of Mormon first, even before she meets with us again-which kinda stinks.  It was an awesome lesson and the Spirit was super strong.  Last night we had dinner with the Relief Society president at her house.  She's the one that wrote a book with her daughter, The Multiplier Effect, and her daughter came also, the one that helped write the book.  They're really good cooks (still manages to put in something about food-LOL).  The daughter's husband was in some movies-Die Hard and Total Recall, because his brother directed those movies, so we got to eat with someone that was in a movie-haha.  We recently helped a less active start coming to church again.  She's single, Tongan, and has 5 kids.  They had nothing in their home, they were sleeping on the floor.  So we got them some beds and furniture and other stuff.  They're a really cool family.  If you get a chance, see if you can get some LDS country music-that would be awesome!  The rules are that the music has to be an LDS artist and LDS music.  Everything here is a lot more expensive, but they give us enough to buy things every month.  I've heard from several friends and you guys.  I haven't heard from any other people in the family-I sure would like to, though.  I expect to get invitations to Austin's graduation and Macy's wedding so I can see them please!  I hope you can figure out what's going on with Dad to help him and  hopefully he gets better and the yard gets done.  We can Skype for Mother's Day.  We need to find someone who has Skype, then they'll call you and let you know what time-at least that's what my companion says.  Well, I hope all is well and everything starts to pickup for the better.  You guys are in my prayers and I love ya.

Love,
Elder Whaley

No comments:

Post a Comment