Monday, January 26, 2015

Building a Hot Wheels Track

1-5-15

I don't care who is at the airport.  Whoever wants to come I guess.  Ahhh-so many questions that I don't want to really answer! :/  My favorite ice cream is cookie dough ice cream and I love Tongan food!!!!!  (I was asking him his favorite cake, ice cream, and food for his birthday) Oh, and I love Koko Samoa!!!!  I don't really need anything out here for my birthday.  I don't want to have to send more stuff home.  I would probably just prefer to wait until I get home for birthday stuff, since there will only be a couple of weeks left by the 18th, that way I can get things I need back home-like clothes and other stuff because I'm guessing I've probably outgrown some stuff or gotten too fat for some clothes-haha.  It sounds like you have had a pretty good Christmas break!  I'm glad it was pretty relaxing!  For New Year's we went to a member's house in another ward and had quite a few appetizers and we made a huge hot wheels track in their living room.  It was really fun!  I guess they do that every year for New Year's  with the missionaries.  It was a lot of fun and we watched the ball drop in NYC since we had to be in by 9, then we spent the night at another Elders apartment and we had permission to stay up, so we just talked, ate food, and played board games.  It was pretty fun!  I was so tired the next day since we weren't able to sleep in and we had gotten up at 5:30 a.m. the day before to play basketball with some members.  It was all good, though!  Everyone is starting to return from the holidays, so hopefully, the work will pick up since this last week was a little slow.  We went through some former investigators and got ahold of this one guy and he said to come on over.  We went over there and discovered that he's in the other Elders area and smokes a lot.  I see why previous elders dropped him because he just wanted to Bible bash with us, so that was interesting.  That's not happening again-haha.  Other than that, it was just a lot of active member visits trying to get to know the new ward and all and it's gotten colder here lately, so not too many people out on the streets to talk to.  Hopefully, it gets better!  Well, I hope it doesn't get too crazy back at work and you have a great week!  Love ya!

Ofa Atu!
Elder Whaley

No comments:

Post a Comment