Sunday, October 12, 2014

He's BACK!!!!!


10-6-14

So, as you know, it was transfers week this last week and Elder Moody didn't move too far.  He's still in the same Zone with Elder Racule.  My new companion is an awesome, super good missionary from Utah.  I think we'll get along just great!  His name is Elder Christensen!  Yup, you're right, the same one from Morgan Hill!!!!  It's pretty crazy!  It's kinda rare getting the same comp twice, especially with all the English missionaries that are here, so we were both surprised at transfer meeting on Tuesday.  We just laughed and basically said I can't believe this happened-what are the odds?  It's all good!  I'm curious what president has in store for me for my last 2 transfers after this.  At this point, it seems like anything could happen.  I'm sure I'll enjoy it!  Everything is on schedule for Scott's baptism for Saturday.  He just needs to be interviewed by the Zone leaders on Thursday and it will be set.  I think everything will work out fine!
Conference was great!  I noticed there were quite a few talks that were the same subject, but all in all it was really good!  I enjoyed it!  I can't wait to the get the Ensign and read and pick up on the things I may have missed and on new things!  We haven't watched "Meet the Mormons" yet.  We get to watch it this Thursday, so we'll see how it is.  I've seen a trailer and it looks pretty cool!  You asked about how often I pray.  I don't know how many times I pray a day.  I just know it varies day to day, but it's quite a bit.  I liked the parable of the hike that you shared.  It's so true and it's a good theory of the mission!  This week was pretty good.  We were able to watch Conference and meet with a couple of investigators, but we didn't hit our goal on lessons because of transfers and Conference.  We still worked hard and it felt like we visited tons of people this last week.  We still did pretty good considering it was transfer week and Conference.  We only missed our goal by a couple.  While contacting this week, we were actually able to teach some good lessons to people that were somewhat interested, so that was really cool.  Usually people just blow us off when we try talking to them, so hopefully, one of them becomes really interested and want to learn more!  Another good point of the week not related to missionary work is that I heard Utah State beat BYU!!!!!  WAHOOOOO!!!!!  I thought I would just throw that in there-haha!  Well, I hope you all have a great week!  Love ya!

Ofa Atu
Elder Whaley


Zone brunch between Conference sessions

No comments:

Post a Comment