Sunday, September 7, 2014

Blessings!!!!!

9-1-14

Everything is going great!!!  The first part of the week was kinda slow, but the end was great!  We did quite a bit of service through the week almost everyday during the weekdays and we tried visiting people that were far away since we had the car, but nothing really came of it.  So Thursday, we gave the car to another set of elders to use, so we were on bikes.  We did a lot of riding this weekend, but it was all worth it!  We will meet with Scott, the one who called us the previous Sunday, and we met with him Friday and he is now our new investigator that we will be meeting with!  That was awesome! Then, as we got done with that lesson in the morning, we got a referral from the mission office through our phone and Carrie was referred by a friend in Salt Lake. We rode to the other end of our area and she was home and we talked briefly with her and she wants to know more and she seems so prepared-it's awesome.  She's a super nice lady!  So, that's another investigator-Wahoo!!!  Then, after that, we caught another referral we were trying to catch after that and were able to meet with her and she wants to come back to church and get back into the swing of things, so that was pretty cool!  Then, the next day we basically helped people move all day and sometimes it stinks being the biggest guy because then I get volunteered to carry all the really heavy stuff, and awkward things.  Oh well-I'm alright with it, I guess.  I'll just get stronger and more blessings right?  Another set of elders called us during one of the moves and handed over an investigator of their's who has a baptismal but in December since he has to work on somethings.  So, hopefully, we can help him overcome those things and hopefully move it up!  So, basically, we got 2 new investigators on Friday and 1 on Saturday.  Wahoo-3 new investigators in 2 days!  Today the stake had a labor day breakfast that we went to and we had a member come up to us saying they invited one of their old neighbors to take the lessons and he said yes!  Wahoo-another potential investigator.....BLESSINGS!!!!!  Things are going well!
We just came back from the Samoan branch labor day bbq!  Lots of fun!!!  Football, rugby, volleyball, and lots of food!!!!  Man, I miss the branch, but I like this area!  Do you know how hard it is to play tug o war with a bunch of Samoans?  My hands kill!  I am definitely super tired now-especially being back on bikes!  It's always a good feeling at the end of the day to just crash onto the bed and knock out after a good long day of hard work!  I'm excited to see how this week goes.  Oh, I almost forgot-2 of our investigators came to church on Sunday as well!  It was pretty legit!  It's always tricky getting people to church.  I'm looking forward to the rest of this transfer!
To answer your questions, yes I see the McFarland's quite a bit, since he is the ward mission leader. Nope, I don't need anything.  I just got some new pants today since I blew mine out from moving....rrrriiiippp-dang it!  That's so cool that you got to go to the open house in Ogden.
You mentioned the guys talk about following up. Yes, following up is important so people keep commitments and don't fall through the cracks.  Preach My Gospel is definitely very helpful and I've heard a lot of it applies to life even after the mission with everyday things.  It's an amazing book.  Tell Aunt Lezlee I don't want to come back yet!!!!  I'm not ready!  Stop reminding me-I was still thinking I had 6 months......till now! :(  Hopefully, you have another great week!  Love ya!

Ofa Atu
Elder Whaley

No comments:

Post a Comment