Friday, November 29, 2013

Enjoying his Mission!

11-18-13

I don't know why your email didn't come through and I looked for it, but it wasn't there.  The reason we didn't email on Monday was because the library was closed for Veteran's day.  On my last pictures I was trying to climb the tree while waiting for some other missionaries.  In the other picture, my comp was in the bathroom, so i turned off all the lights and got the Nerf gun and hid in the cabinet, that was TINY!  So, basically, he was looking for me and when he opened the cabinet, I scared him and unloaded on him with the Nerf gun.  It was pretty funny!  They would like us to switch to messenger bags, but my backpack works just fine and the other Elders that got messenger bags say they don't like them especially on bikes.  So, I'm alright.  You got snow?  It's going to be super weird with no snow this year. :/ -but kinda nice!  I don't have to shovel or bike in it-haha.  They say it takes someone on average 7 positive experiences with the church before they become interested or joining.  This week was pretty good.  We had Zone Conference, so we heard from President Watkins and talked about how we could improve as missionaries and become more productive/successful.  Then, on saturday, we went up to the temple and took some less actives to the visitors center while some of the returning to activity members did baptisms for the dead, which was cool since we have been working with one that went in while we were at the visitors center.  I'll send a picture of Tikki Makasini and his wife, Peggy.  Oh, and we also contacted a guy on the street named Jacob on Friday night and called him the next day and set up an appointment with him Saturday night and went to went and got Five guys and taught him.  It was a good discussion for the most part till the end when he kinda was bashing with us, which was frustrating.  We tried to get in contact with him again, but no answer yet.  Oh well, we'll see what happens with him.  Training is going good.  My trainee is awesome and we get along really well.  he knows his scriptures, but is still learning how to teach the discussions, so sometimes it feels like I'm talking the whole lesson with investigators, but he is getting there.  He will be a great missionary!  Things here are good.  One of our investigators set up a baptismal date for the 14 of December, so that's exciting!!  Other than that, the week has been pretty good and the Makasini's invited us over for Thanksgiving!  YES!!!!  Wahoo, I'm excited!  Anyways, I hope all goes well for ya this week!  Love ya!

Elder Whaley


Bro. Makasini, Elder Jones, Elder Whaley, and
Sis. Makasini at the Oakland temple.



Oakland Temple
California Sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment