Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Good/Bad Week

8-19-13

My new companion's name is Elder Dalton from Arizona.  He is not Tongan.  L. Taylor served a Tongan speaking mission?  Lucky!  I have learned a couple of words, but I don't know how to spell them.  It's interesting to learn about the Tongan culture.  They like to fight a lot-I know that.  I absolutely LOVE it here!  I got the package you sent-Thank you for that!  This week went pretty well until about Saturday.  We had quite a few lessons, got a baptismal date for hopefully this next Saturday, and visited quite a few people.  Last Saturday hit and it was a dead day.  All of our appointments cancelled because they were all from the Makasini family and their daughter had just passed away Friday from cancer and she had 5 or 6 kids with one on a mission in Tonga.  So, that was sad and made it so we had a difficult Saturday.  It seems like they're doing alright. They came to church on Sunday.  We are trying to see if we can help them out with anything.  Other than that, everything is going well here.  The ward is GREAT and the area is nice.  Hopefully, all is going well back home.  It sounds like you have had fun and good luck with school starting!

Love ya,
Elder Whaley

*I don't know anything about these pictures.  I'll have to try to get more info. from him.  I'm assuming the pics with the families may be families they've reactivated.  He mentioned that they have reactivated 5 families in his last area.






Headin' out for the day?




His apartment balcony?




"Some" of the stash that a member gave them.













No comments:

Post a Comment